The Academic Achievement Award (AAA) provides a tuition benefit to students who are pursuing multiple undergraduate degree objectives, have at least sophomore standing, and have earned a cumulative USC GPA of at least 3.750. AAA allows Fall or Spring registration of up to 21 units at the standard full-time tuition rate.
The purpose of the award is to allow highly motivated students with excellent academic records to complete multiple undergraduate degree objectives without adding to their time-to-degree.
In order to receive the Academic Achievement Award for any given Fall or Spring semester, you must:
- be an undergraduate student
- have officially declared a double major, a double degree, or a major-minor combination
- Multiple degree objectives must be officially declared on STARS report at time of application.
- Students who need to complete pre-requisite courses or an audition process to declare a second program will not be eligible.
- have earned a cumulative USC GPA of at least 3.750 based on the completion of at least 24.0 USC units (12.0 USC units for transfer students)
- Eligibility is based on cumulative GPA and unit count at the time of application.
- demonstrate that the additional tuition units will contribute to the completion of multiple undergraduate degree objectives
- All enrolled courses must fulfill major, minor, or GE requirements. See Special Courses for exceptions.
- Students must upload a current Academic Course Plan, developed and approved by their major program academic advisor to demonstrate feasibility of completing multiple degree objectives.
- Students must be officially enrolled in all proposed courses at time of application. If enrollment requires special clearance, students can provide faculty or advisor documentation indicating their acceptance into the course (e.g. Maymester).
- Courses must be taken for Letter Grade or Pass/No Pass. Courses cannot be audited.
- Progressive Degree applicants pursuing graduate level coursework must demonstrate the course can be applied to undergraduate degree requirements and must retain undergraduate status.
- complete the online application
Read more about AAA policy in our FAQ page.
November 1, 2018: Spring 2019 AAA Application opens
December 4, 2018: Spring 2019 AAA Priority Deadline
Students who apply by the Priority Deadline will be notified of their award status and have their student accounts credited accordingly before the January 4, 2019 billing cycle.
January 18, 2019: Spring 2019 AAA Final Deadline
Applicants submitting from December 4, 2018 – January 18, 2019 are notified on a rolling basis until the Week 3 Add/Drop deadline. These applicants may need to pay for additional units upfront until tuition credit can be applied to their student account.