2nd Annual Faculty & Deans Tea
Hosted by Trojan Scholars Society
Monday, November 4, 2019
3:00 – 5:00 PM
Davidson Conference Center (DCC)
Are you interested in meeting more USC faculty? Are you curious about how to get involved with research opportunities as an undergraduate student? Join Trojan Scholars Society for an afternoon of refreshments and conversation with some of our university’s esteemed deans and faculty. This social environment can help expand your academic network, identify potential faculty mentors, and maximize your academic experience.
The Faculty & Deans Tea also serves as the kick off event for Research and Fellowships Week, which educates students about opportunities that support research, graduate study, language learning, teaching and internships within the U.S. and abroad.
There will be a keynote speech from Dr. Andrea Hodge, Vice Provost of Undergraduate Programs. Light refreshments will be provided.
RSVP is required for this event. Merit scholars will receive the RSVP link in their weekly TSS email newsletter.
Deans & Faculty Attending*
Click on the faculty or dean’s name for their full bio. Many of these deans and faculty can help connect students to research and fellowship opportunities.
- David Bridel, Dean of School of Dramatic Arts
- Juliet Emamaullee, Assistant Professor of Clinical Surgery, Keck School of Medicine
- Steven Fleming, Professor of the Practice of Spatial Sciences, Spatial Sciences Institute, Dornsife College of Letters, Arts & Sciences
- Kenneth Geller, Director of Pre-Health Advisement, Dornsife College of Letters, Arts & Sciences
- Ivette Gomez, Associate Professor (Teaching) of Spanish, Dornsife College of Letters, Arts & Sciences
- William Holder, Dean, Alan Casden Dean’s Chair, Leventhal School of Accounting
- Karin Heubner, Academic Director, Sidney Harman Academy for Polymathic Study, USC Libraries
- Andrea Hodge, Vice Provost of Underg raduate Programs / Arthur B. Freeman Professor, Viterbi School of Engineering
- Beatriz Ilari, Associate Professor of Music Teaching and Learning, Thornton School of Music
- Susan Kamei, Managing Director of the Spatial Sciences Institute, Dornsife College of Letters, Arts & Sciences
- Maja Mataric, Vice Dean for Research & Director of Interaction Lab, Viterbi School of Engineering
- Andy Rutkowski, Visualization Librarian, USC Libraries
- Anya Samek, Assistant Professor (Research) of Economics, Dornsife College of Letters, Arts & Sciences
- Laura Isabel Serna, Associate Professor, Cinema and Media Studies, School of Cinematic Arts
- Barry Schein, Professor of Linguistics, Dornsife College of Letters, Arts & Sciences
- Andrew Stott, College Dean of Undergraduate Education, Dornsife College of Letters, Arts & Sciences
- Heather Wipfli, Associate Professor of Preventative Medicine & International Relations, Keck School of Medicine
- John Walsh, Assistant Dean for Education, Davis School of Gerontology
- John P. Wilson, Professor of Spatial Sciences and Sociology & Director of Spatial Sciences Institute, Dornsife College of Letters, Arts & Sciences
*Faculty and dean attendance list is subject to change.