Merit scholarships cover a set percentage of flat-rate tuition up to 18 units for the Fall and Spring semesters. The purpose of Exceptional Funding is to support academic pursuits in addition to this academic course load within the eight semesters (ten for Architecture) of scholarship eligibility.
Exceptional Funding is available to Mork, Presidential, Stamps, and Trustee Scholars to use towards USC tuition.
- Mork, Stamps & Trustee Scholars: Maximum amount of 8 units may be funded
- Presidential Scholars: Maximum amount of 8 half-tuition units may be funded
Examples of appropriate reasons to apply for exceptional funding:
- Additional courses are required to complete a major, minor or GE that cause enrollment in more than 18 units during the Fall or Spring semesters
- Summer study abroad where USC tuition is charged and USC credit is earned
- Summer classes at USC required to complete a major, minor or GE
You must apply for exceptional funding; it is not automatically granted and does not renew each year. You must complete at least one semester at USC in order to be eligible for the award. Read more on Exceptional Funding Policies
Exceptional Funding Deadlines
Application Opens: Monday, March 5, 2018
Priority Deadline: Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Final Deadline: Friday, April 27, 2018
Application Opens: Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Priority Deadline: Wednesday, May 30, 2018
Final Deadline: Friday, August 31, 2018