About the Exchange Program
The Queens’ College Cambridge – USC Exchange program is an opportunity for USC undergraduate students to spend their final Fall semester studying abroad in Cambridge at Queens’ College. USC students expecting to graduate in December 2019 or May 2020 are invited to apply. One USC student will be selected for the program each year. Selected students will earn one semester of transfer credit toward graduation.
The University of Cambridge is one of the most eminent and longstanding higher education institutions. Queens’ College, one of the University’s 31 distinct colleges, sits on both sides of the River Cam and has its two halves joined by the famous Mathematical Bridge. Please visit the Queens’ College Cambridge website for more information.
The deadline for current USC juniors to apply is Monday, February 18, 2019. Finalists will be selected to interview with a faculty panel shortly thereafter.
Eligible applicants are USC juniors with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.75 and an expected graduation date of December 2019 or May 2020.
Interested students will:
- Complete an online application
- Provide an 800 word statement of purpose. Use the questions below to reflect on why you want to apply. We encourage students to expand on these questions to address their personal motivation for applying. The statement should address the following:
- Why have you chosen to apply for this program?
- What coursework do you intend to pursue and why? How will it build upon your USC academic course plan?
- How will this program enhance your overall experience as a USC student?
- Request two faculty letters of recommendation. Letters of recommendation should be printed on department letterhead and emailed as pdfs to email@example.com by the application deadline.
Open Advising: November – January
Request an Appointment