About the Scholarship
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship program was established in October 2000 by a donation of $210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university. Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. The aim of the Gates Cambridge program is to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
An applicant must be:
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- PhD (three year research-only degree)
- MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree)
- One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
Each Scholar is different and brings something unique. The Gates Cambridge Selection Committee is looking for four key criteria:
- Academic excellence
- Leadership potential
- A commitment to improving the lives of others
- A good academic fit with Cambridge
AHF staff offers mock interviews for Gates-Cambridge finalists.
Contact: Katie Capra, email@example.com