About the Scholarship
The Fulbright UK Summer Institutes are three-to-four week programs for US undergraduate students. Participants can explore the culture, heritage and history of the UK while experiencing higher education at a UK university.
Interested applicants apply directly.
- U.S. citizen and possess a US passport
- At least 18 years old by the start of the program
- Must participate in the program in its entirety
- Minimum GPA of 3.7
- At least two years of undergraduate study remaining after the end of the Institute
- Little or no prior study or travel outside of the U.S.
The best applications are from well-rounded students who can demonstrate:
- Strong academic ability
- Ambassadorial skills
- Intercultural sensitivity
- Genuine desire to learn more about the UK and to share aspects of American culture
- Extracurricular activities
- Community involvement
- Leadership potential
- Plans to further the Fulbright mission and give back to the US upon returning
AHF does not provide individual advisement for this award at this time. Please consider reaching out to a faculty mentor and/or a previous Fulbright US-UK Summer Institute recipient for mentorship. A list of previous Fulbright US-UK Summer Institute recipients from USC can be found on our Recipients page.
We also recommend making an appointment with The Writing Center for feedback on statements.