About the Udall Scholarship
The Udall Foundation awards scholarships to sophomore and junior level college students committed to careers related to the environment including policy, engineering, science, education, urban planning and renewal, business, health, justice, economics, and other related fields; or tribal public policy, or Native American health care. In 2017, the foundation will award 50 awards of up to $7000 for tuition, room and board, and other educational expenses. The scholars attend a four day orientation in Tucson, Arizona to meet the other scholars, elected officials, and other environmental and tribal leaders. Students who are not selected as scholars can receive honorable mentions of a one time honorarium of $350 in addition to access to the alumni network.
Visit the Udall Scholarship website here.
- Be a full time sophomore or junior level student pursuing a bachelors degree during the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Pursue a career in tribal public policy, Native American health care, or conservation and environmental issue.
- Be a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, or U.S. permanent resident.
- Additional documentation is required for applicants in tribal public policy and health care, and for U.S. permanent residents.
Udall application will consist of:
- An 11-question application;
- An 800-word essay on a speech, legislative act, book, or public policy statement by either Morris K. Udall or Stewart L. Udall and its impact on your interests and goals;
- Transcripts for all college coursework; and
- Three letters of recommendation that speak to your leadership, public service and academic achievements.
A sample application is available.
- Candidates must submit an application by Friday, February 10, 2017 to be considered
- Interested applicants must apply through the USC endorsement process. Contact the AHF Advisor to gain access to the online application system. You will not be able to apply without the university endorsement process.
Assistant Director, Academic Honors and Fellowships
Schedule an Appointment