Why does USC have campus deadlines that are earlier than the Fulbright National Deadline?
Fulbright gives campuses the opportunity to evaluate and provide feedback for applicants before final submission. In order for our office to arrange meeting times with faculty committees, we need your application materials early. The purpose of the evaluation and interview is to enhance your application.
July 14, 2017 – Deadline to Register Application Through USC
This is the deadline to register your application through USC in the Fulbright Embark Online Application to be eligible to participate in Campus Committee Evaluation Interviews. Please note the AHF bi-weekly newsletter will be sent to the email you indicate in your Fulbright application. To apply for Fulbright through USC you must either be a current student or recent alumni (up to three years after graduation).
- Begin a 2018-2019 Fulbright U.S. Student Program Application
- To register your application through USC, create an account and complete the following sections:
- Preliminary Information
- Personal Information (including both permanent and alternate email addresses!)
- Program Information questions #21-26
- Select the University of Southern California for question #25
- Save your application at the bottom of the screen. Voilà, you’re registered!
August 27, 2017 – Fulbright Campus Interview Availability Survey due by 11:59pm
September 4, 2017 – Applicants Registered Through USC Submit Complete Fulbright Application in Embark
All applicants who registered to apply through USC in July submit a complete Fulbright application in Embark. This includes:
- Biographical Data (Embark online app)
- Statement of Grant Purpose
- Personal Statement
- Affiliation letter (if applicable)
- Three Recommendations
- Language Evaluation Form completed by a faculty member (if applicable).
- **Arts applicants – in addition to the Embark application submission, applicants will email supplementary materials directly to email@example.com.
- **Nat Geo applicants only – Resume and Digital Storytelling Portfolio
**Please note: Submitting at this time allows AHF to access your materials before your final submission to Fulbright.
September 11-15, 2017 – Study/Research Campus Committee Evaluation Interviews
September 18-22, 2017 – ETA Campus Committee Evaluation Interviews
October 1, 2017 – Campus Deadline to Re-Submit Final Application by 11:59pm
Re-submit final version of application by 11:59pm. Academic Honors and Fellowships will attach your Campus Committee Evaluation Form and your application will be sent on to Fulbright.
October 6, 2017 – National Fulbright Deadline