About the Exchange Program
The Queens’ College Cambridge – USC Exchange program is an opportunity for USC undergraduate students to spend their final Fall semester studying abroad in Cambridge at Queens’ College. USC students expecting to graduate in December 2017 or May 2018 are invited to apply. One USC student will be selected for the program each year. Selected students will earn one semester of transfer credit toward graduation.
The University of Cambridge is one of the most eminent and longstanding higher education institutions. Queens’ College, one of the University’s 31 distinct colleges, sits on both sides of the River Cam and has its two halves joined by the famous Mathematical Bridge. Please visit the Queens’ College Cambridge website for more information.
The deadline for current USC juniors to apply is Sunday, February 19, 2017. Finalists will be selected to interview with a faculty panel shortly thereafter.
Eligible applicants are USC juniors with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.75 and an expected graduation date of December 2017 or May 2018.
Interested students will:
- Complete an online application
- Submit two faculty letters of recommendation
- Provide an 800 word statement of purpose. Use the questions below to reflect on why you want to apply. We encourage students to expand on these questions to address their personal motivation for applying. The statement should address the following:
- Why have you chosen to apply for this program and the what benefits will you gain from being selected?
- Why will this program allow you to have a unique senior year experience?
- How will this program enhance your overall experience as a USC student?