Below is a list of special case courses. While these courses do not satisfy degree requirements, they have been approved for use with the Academic Achievement Award because they satisfy prerequisites for required courses or provide specific academic benefits.
Generally speaking, most research and practicum courses may qualify as exceptions for AAA funding eligibility. The list of courses below is not exhaustive, and appeals may be considered for other courses on a case-by-case basis. To submit a course appeal, you must provide verification from your academic advisor and/or faculty mentor to the AHF office.
List of Special Case Courses Eligible for AAA Funding
- Pre-Med / Pre-Health requirements for Non-Science Majors
- 490x Directed Research courses
- Undergraduate Honors Thesis courses
- Technical Electives for Viterbi
- AME 491: Undergraduate Design Projects II
- BUAD 495: Practicum in Business Issues
- BUCO 252: The Art of Case Analysis and Presentation
- COMM 205x: Communication Practicum
- ENGR 100 A/B/C/D: Engineering Honors Colloquium
- MOR 476 A/B/C: The Art of Ethical Leadership (Warren Bennis Scholars)
- PHED courses: Only approved for students within 2 semesters of graduation.
- POSC 398L: Trial Advocacy: Theory and Practice
- SSEM 200: Sophomore Seminar
- THTR 152 A/B: Intermediate Acting (only approved for Theater majors and minors)
- THTR 252 A/B: Intermediate Acting (only approved for Theater majors and minors)
- THTR 397: Theater Practicum (only approved for Theater majors and minors)
If you have questions about particular courses, please contact Academic Honors and Fellowships at email@example.com.