The Academic Achievement Award (AAA) provides a tuition benefit to students who are pursuing multiple undergraduate degree objectives, have at least sophomore standing, and have earned a cumulative USC GPA of at least 3.750. AAA allows Fall or Spring registration of up to 21 units at the standard full-time tuition rate.
The purpose of the award is to allow highly motivated students with excellent academic records to complete multiple undergraduate degree objectives without adding to their time-to-degree.
In order to receive the Academic Achievement Award for any given Fall or Spring semester, you must:
- be an undergraduate student
- have officially declared a double major, a double degree, or a major-minor combination
- have earned sophomore standing (at least 32.0 units of USC and/or transfer credit) at the time of application
- have earned a cumulative USC GPA of at least 3.750 based on the completion of at least 12.0 USC units at the time of application
- demonstrate that the additional tuition units will contribute to the completion of multiple undergraduate degree objectives (Progressive Degree courses are not eligible)
- complete the online application
Spring Application Opens: Monday, October 30, 2017
Priority Deadline: Friday, December 1, 2017
Students who apply by the priority deadline can expect to be notified of their award status and have their student accounts credited before the start of Spring semester.
Final Deadline: Friday, January 19, 2018
All eligible students will have their accounts credited by end of January 2018. These applicants should expect to pay for additional units upfront until tuition credits are applied to their student account.